LEARN CYBER SECURITY
Cyber Security Skills Bootcamp for East Midlands Residents
Skills Bootcamp in Cyber Security for East Midlands Residents
Join our 16-weeks online and flexible Cyber Security Skills Bootcamp and learn Cyber Security Fundamentals and Governance.
Equip yourself with the in-demand digital skills and if you’re looking to switch careers, we’ll put you forward to a guaranteed job interview upon completion. All equivalent to level 3 course (A-level).
What are Skills Bootcamps?
Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses of up to maximum 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
This Skills Bootcamp is 100% free for East Midlands residents only from:
In order to get the funding, you must be:
- Unemployed or underemployed
- 19+ years old
- Have to be British or UK residents (those on work visas, dependent visas, student visas or work permits are not eligible)
- Be able to commit to the 16 weeks Skills Bootcamp
- Must complete an initial assessment (Maths and English) prior to being accepted on the program
International students are unfortunately not eligible.
Who is it for:
Anyone looking to get into Cyber Security (if met eligibility criteria)
- Prior experience in IT is strongly suggested.
- Advantageous to have knowledge in subjects such as IT, computer science and other science-based subjects.
- Coding experience (any language)
- Command-line and linux knowledge will be advantageous
- A functional computer/laptop.
- 20 hours employability
- 20 hours pre- learning (2 weeks with 1 drop-in session per week)
- 10 hours teaching per week ( for 12 weeks)
- 10 hours self -learning per week
Skills, Behaviors and Attributes
- CPU : 64 bit processor
- RAM: 8 GB (Minimum)
- Storage Capacity: 256 GB (Minimum)
- Operating System: Any
No prepwork is required, including any installation (which will commence during the Installfest on your first session)
During this Skills Bootcamp you'll learn
Pre-learning (30 hours):
- Installation videos
- Current legislation
- Ethics (ethical use of information assets, information security and data ethics)
- Core terminologies
- Organisational Structure and Function (include cultures here)
- Networking Fundamentals (TCP-IP)
- Linux Fundamentals
- Cyber Security Fundamentals and Governance
- Promoting Awareness
- Cryptography and Certificate Management
- Rights Management
- Asset register
- Recovery and Back-up
- Risk - Assessment, Threat Intelligence and Escalation
- Presentation skills
- Employability and interview skills
- CV writing and LinkedIn visibility skills
- Communication skills
- Soft skills such as – team work, empathy, problem solving, critical thinking
If you're unemployed or looking to switch careers, we'll put you forward to a guaranteed interview upon completion, support you with preparation, write references, and also refer you to our partners and employers to maximize your chances of landing a job.
You'll also have a chance to attend:
- Linkedin Sessions
- CV & Interview Prep session
- Skills Bootcamp completion certificate from Purple Beard Training
- Access to our Alumni
Possible Career Progression
- Access control administrator
- Incident response technician
- Junior penetration tester
- Junior SOC (security operations centre) analyst
- Junior information security analyst
- Junior security analyst
- Junior threat and risk analyst
- Cyber security administrator
- Cyber security technician
- Cyber security apprentice
Are Skills Bootcamps Really Free?
Skills Bootcamps are funded by the European Union Social Fund in 100% for those living or employed in certain regions (West Midlands & East Midlands). Please see our funding & eligibility box below for more details.
If you're from the area that has 100% funding - then yes, Skills Bootcamp is completely free!
What is the Enrolment Process?
Fill out our Initial Interest Form - please keep in mind filling out this form does not automatically enrol you for the Skills Bootcamp yet.
Confirmation to Book a Call - You'll receive a confirmation email with an option to book a call with us at the most convenient time for you. If you don't do it, we will call you ourselves within 2 days - we will then check your eligibility, confirm your interest and answer any questions you might have.
Complete an Assessment - finding out whether you have what it takes to become a Cyber Security
Fill out the Enrolment Form - and once this is done, you're in!
Onboarding, Induction and Pre-Learning - we will send you everything before the Skills Bootcamp
Skills Bootcamps commences -have fun!
Do I Need Technical Knowledge?
You don’t need a technical background to join our Skills Bootcamps! However, you do need to be able to attend every week, demonstrate a good level of communication and problem-solving skills and to want to progress in your current, or into a new career.
It is our aim to ensure learners are work-ready and prepared for a job in their chosen area of tech upon course completion, so reskilling or upskilling to get a new job, or advance in your current role should be your goal! In addition, we want our learners to have fun, be sociable and create a community with their peers and alumni.
We expect 3 things from our students:
- Be extremely motivated
- Be curious
- Be social
If this sounds like you, then we’ll be more than happy to have you on board if you pass all the selection process.
Do I need any Equipment to Join In?
All you will need to attend is a laptop or desktop computer. It is preferable for this to have a working camera and mic, for you to get the most out of the virtual sessions. In the first session of the Skills Bootcamp we always have an ‘InstallFest’ to ensure you’ve got any software you may need.
Previous learners have also found that having two screens is really beneficial, so you can complete tasks while following along with the teacher. This could be a second computer screen or TV attached with an HDMI cable, or using a tablet as your second screen.
How will Purple Beard Help Me after the Skills Bootcamp ends?
Purple Beard Skills Bootcamps are designed to make learners work-ready from the week of course completion- and Employability is a huge part of the service we offer.
When the Skills Bootcamp ends, you will benefit from our Employability Services where you’ll have the opportunity to work 1:1 with our Employability Coach, to help you build your portfolio and your LinkedIn profile.
We can also help you prepare for technical interviews, connect you with recruiters and we’ll put you in touch with our amazing Alumni, who will share their experiences from life after the Skills Bootcamp.