Work with us!
We are Purple Beard Training, a tech training start-up on a mission to disrupt the tech sector with challenging, engaging and highly selective learning experiences that are developed and led by industry experts.
We are passionate about delivering outstanding job-focused training, developing the skills of the future and creating a diverse community of new tech leaders.
Purple Beard engages, trains and deploys talent through funded Apprenticeships & Skills Bootcamps while working with private and public sector employers and individuals from all over the UK, providing digital skills training aligned with certification bodies in areas like Big Data , Data Analytics , Software Development , DevOps , Cloud Computing , DevSecOps and Machine Learning.
We are passionate about bridging the diversity Gap in the tech sector however most importantly we believe that learning is about the overall development of individuals. Our curriculum and delivery addresses Tech skills as well as Human skills that are required in the ever changing world. We believe that our programs are the starting point for lifelong development.
Our ambition is to
- Support women into the tech space either via upskilling or reskilling;
- Supporting young people aged 16 to 24 from the BAME community to progress into Tech careers
- Supporting unemployed, underemployed and returners to work to get ready for a new career via the programs we offer and our employability services.
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Highly organised
- Ability to help other achieve their goals
- Ability to learn new Software to deliver workshops , support with setting up the sessions for the lead trainer
- Have some experience in supporting learners or an area of Tech such as Data, DevOps, Front End Development, Cloud Computing etc.
About the role:
- You will provide input into course materials as well as support with the design of course material for Software development, Data , Testing and other related areas along with the Lead Trainer;
- You will support the delivery of remote and face to face sessions to cohorts of Trainees;
- You will support with the lead trainer by reviewing the projects and checking projects are submitted in a timely manner;
- You will contribute to Team teaching meetings via any feedback on Improvements;
- You will undertake peer feedback and reviews for other program areas
- You will mentor and support Trainees in the Workshops as well as deal with homework queries;
- You will attend CPD events that support your own development and some mandated training;
- You will carry out research and curate content that is relevant for the programs we run;
- You will report any issues with the Lead Trainer;
- You will write 1 blog post a month around a technical area that you are working in.
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, that week day wedding, moving house etc);
- Remote working;
- Mental health support with our qualified mental health champion;
- Weekly remote yoga and meditation sessions;
- Lots of learning opportunities with ongoing training and development and mandatory training in legislation
Our commitment to inclusivity
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. We also strive to make reasonable adjustments to ensure equal opportunities to those with disabilities.
Job Type: contract
Weekly hours: 6-8 hours per week
Shift: varied, days and evenings
Application deadline: Interviews will be held ASAP
Expected start date: October/November 2021
Salary: TBD at 1:1 interview stage
Next steps :
If you are interested in the Role please send us your CV on email@example.com or call us on 02080454405 for an informal chat.
The interview process is a 3 stage process which is as follows
- Step 1: Submit your application and CV here
- Step 2 you will be invited to a group interview
- Step 3 progress to 1:1 interviews where you will deliver a 10 Minute presentation about why you want to work as a Technical TA in our Skills Bootcamps
Become an Apprentice with our partners
With roots steeped in design and architecture, Atrium’s focus is on creating an inspirational experience for our team and our customers.
Much more than just a job, we aspire to create a culture where curious team members share the values of the company and want to be part of the story.
Once you become part of the team, we want you to experience the best training and development to support your growth, and a clear route into future opportunities in our growing business.
39 hours per week with one day a week learning
Salary increase after successful completion of the apprenticeship programme
Monday – Thursday: 9am-6pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will enjoy the support of knowledgeable and experienced colleagues, and a passionate leadership.
As a digital champion you will play an instrumental role in delivering an inspirational experience for both the team and our customers, as you collaborate with teams across the business.
Some of the things you will have the opportunity to experience through your Apprenticeship with us are:
Setting people up for success; configuration of hardware and appropriate software for new starters
1st line IT support; working between the team and our external support to resolve server and systems issues
Becoming an expert; understanding how collaborative technologies work together to enhance employee and customer experiences
Helping others grow; delivering training to support the optimal use of our technologies
Managing Data; evaluating, cleaning and reporting data to influence business performance
eCommerce; supporting the expansion of our eCommerce offering through assisting with development through the Suite Commerce platform
Workflow Enhancement; understanding systems and processes throughout the business, supporting with workflow design and supporting communication of the digital aspect across the business
Involvement in future projects including Cloud migration, intranet
EXPECTED CAREER PROGRESSION
Upon completion there will be an opportunity for a permanent position as part of the Atrium Team, however this will be based on your performance during the apprenticeship.
DESIRED SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
Curious, Collaborative, Creative, a keen interest in IT and systems
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Desired
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Increased salary after successful completion of apprenticeship programme
Participation in Company bonus scheme
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Enhanced employer pension contributions
Discounts with hundreds of retailers, restaurants, gyms through PerkBox
Our friendly and sociable environments are centred around a ‘One Team’ community spirit where we succeed, learn and laugh together.
Quality of light is at the heart of everything we do. We help architects, lighting designers, engineers and developers transform their best designed spaces into their best lit environments through the distribution of lighting solutions.
We are the largest independent lighting distributor in the UK, with our design and architecture roots going back to 1976.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Data Analyst Apprentice – Crohns and Collitis UK
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary: £18000 per annum
The apprentice will work closely with the Operations Manager and the Database Manager to support the charity in making business decisions based on data and insight. They will be working with data from across the charity, mainly on the Dynamics CRM but also from digital sources, and build reports and dashboards for users.
- Gathering reporting requirements from internal stakeholders
- Working with the Database Manager to ensure accurate data capture
- Producing regular and one-off reports using PowerBI, Excel and MS Dynamics Dashboards/Advanced Finds
- Translating quantitative and qualitative data insights into recommendations for the charity
- Supporting the Evidence and Insight Manager to gain insights from external data
- Feed into the data strategies across the charity
Diversity & Inclusion
- Ensure equality, diversity and inclusion and the voices of those with Crohn’s and Colitis are considered in all aspects of data analysis.
- Representing Crohn’s and Colitis UK at events as required
- Working in line with the Charity values and maintaining the reputation and standing of the Charity.
- Ensure compliance with charity policies and all relevant legislation.
The purpose of this job description is to focus attention on the most important aspects of the jobholder’s role. It is not intended to be a complete list of the duties; therefore, it is to be expected that the day to day performance of the job will include tasks not listed above. The list of duties for which the jobholder is responsible may reasonably be varied or added to at the discretion of the charity.
Skills, Experience & Attitude
- Analytical, with common sense and ability to spot trends and anomalies
- Familiarity with Microsoft family e.g. Excel, Word
- Technical aptitude: ability to quickly learn new software and pick up technical concepts.
- Experience in using a database/CRM
- Customer support experience
- Interested and curious
- Friendly manner and enjoys working in a team: we are a small team, and we work closely together
- Passion for learning and improvement: the apprentice will learn a lot during their time in this role and they must be keen to improve, share learning and learn from others
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
WE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Speak to our team today
If you’d like to learn more about Purple Beard Training as an Apprenticeship Training Provider, Tech Bootcamps and Apprenticeships, a potential partnership, working with us or you have any other questions, please contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.