Women in Tech – Mini-Series
A series of inspirational posts celebrating women working in the tech space
A conversation with Nassia Skoulikariti, Founder and CEO, Apiro Data
Nassia Skoulikariti is on a quest to humanise technology while helping companies expedite their digital transformation by adopting strategies using IOT, Blockchain and AI. As one of the few women working in this exciting space, when we met recently, I was curious to understand what made her turn to IoT and hear how she was inspired to start Apiro Datta.
With a background in IT and Telecoms, Nassias interest in IoT began four years ago as a result of her dad suffering from several strokes. Inspired by a personal problem, she was keen to learn more about assisted living and find ways in which the elderly could be helped using technology. Apiro Data was founded in July 2018.
I asked Nassia for her advice and top tips to follow in order to achieve our potential:
- Come from a place of passion Nassia was inspired to start her business to help overcome a personal problem. Her company now addresses some of the issues she and her family were faced with previously
- Research everything Do your research, read, learn, become curious, have a beginners mind and absorb as much information as you can
- Learn Put aside a few hours each week to learn and develop, identify areas to work on and address these gaps via courses, videos, talking to peers
- Reflect Take the time to reflect on what you have achieved and give yourself credit for the milestones you have reached
- Build your tribe Surround yourself with other people on a similar journey. Find your tribe
- Self-care Take care of yourself, develop a self-care routine that includes daily exercise, meditation, and gratitude. By starting your day in this way, you’ll approach life from a place of calm rather than a place of anxiety
- Self-awareness Spend time to find out what you want from life and who you are. This is really important in order to be true to your values, to you as a person rather than the values of an organisation. Consider asking yourself questions such as who you are outside of your career and job. Identify your core values and what you can offer your family and society
To find out more about Nassia, connect with her on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/nassiaskoulikariti/